1001 Knights Red Artist Edition: 3-Volume Box Set
- Only 1 set available per artist shop!
- Full-color anthology book set featuring illustrations, comics, and artist bios.
- Includes note and custom ink sketch by contributor Nate Bear (Please note personalization request at checkout.)
- Red clothbound artist edition
- Gold-edged pages
- Embossed and foiled cover
- Gold foil printed bookmark
- Hard slipcase to protect and showcase your books
1001 Knights is a massive 3-volume anthology project focusing on creating people-positive characters with feminist overtones. Over the course of 3 volumes, 260 artists explore themes about what it means to be a knight and what makes for a strong character through illustration, comics, poetry, and prose. The artists involved have worked long & hard to create meaningful art that will uplift and inspire readers. 1001 knights is represented between all 3 volumes, including fictional characters and the contributing artists.
1001 Knights is curated and created by Kevin Jay Stanton (Illustrator, curator of FEZZINE, artist for the Signature Shakespeare series) and Annie Stoll (Grammy Nominated Art Director, Year 85 Group creator and illustrator of the comic, Ode). Kevin and Annie met on the wonderful world of Twitter and have spent many an evening chatting about unicorns, lady knights, and impossible dreams. They have been working on curating, creating, and herding 250 artist cats for 1001 Knights for almost a year and are extremely excited and proud to put this set of books out into the world.
1001 Knights is suggested PG-13. If you want even more info + sneak peeks check out the hashtag #1001Knights across twitter, tumblr, and the website - (( http://www.onethousandandoneknights.com )).